Thursday, April 30, 2009

What is to be expected ..

I woke up quite early this morning.. 1st thing came across my semi-functional & jerky morning brain was the scene I'll be seeing later at the hospital ..

I can't imagine babah after the bypass as I have never seen him in that state .. (I was never with him in critical conditions, that's what losers do ..) I expected him to be jabbed here & there with cables & drip tubes & other similar horrific hospital equipment.

I foresee myself collapsing at the 1st site of Babah as I have some problems with syringes, blood & chloroform smell ..

Anyway ..

I arrived at the CCU & saw him .. he was doing some physiotherapy exercise (assisted by hot physiotherapist :p) with a few wires poking his neck, oxygen tube thru his nose, drip inserted in his hands ...

Gloom started to fill me .. He didn't talk much (still under the influence of drugs I believe) ..
Luckily I didn't faint though ..

He complained the bed was not comfortable enuff but soon reasoned to himself by mumbling 'this bed is not meant for comfort anyway' ...

After a few mumbles (words) with Mama, he called my name ..
He asked me to grab his hand & squeeze it ..

With 1 eye closed & the other half opened, he looked at me & said .. "Promise me.. promise Babah k? Don't be like this .. remember our deal yesterday" ..

He personally spoke to me on the 1st day he was admitted, insisted I quit smoking ..

..... well it only lasted for 2 days ... damn ..

No comments:

Post a Comment